Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The art of doing nothing

I wish I can be the master of that.  Become ladies who do lunch… yeah, right!  As much as sometimes I tell people that I want to be a Tai-Tai, I know better deep down inside J

My days are filled with scheming (of good things), scheduling, organizing, planning… multi-tasking!  There are super crazy days, and there are ok days.  Whatever it is I find comfort in knowing that no matter how good or how bad a day is, that I have accomplished something.  And I am closer to reaching my goal, be it home, family or self. 

So a day like today baffled me.  Like usual, today is also about planning, scheduling, multi-tasking.  But there is a feeling of total uselessness.   It’s not that I didn’t get anything done.  I did.  I got a a lot of things done, like arranging my travel to Australia, a presentation for a client, plus few other work related things and home related things.  It’s just that everything seems to just pass by, without a sense of purpose.  I don’t even know how I manage to just cruise.  Now at the end of the day, everything just seems so absurd.

I think this goes back to my needing to find a greater purpose in life, so that I feel like I’m not just wasting this life, wasting it day by day by doing nothing.  I need to find a new passion.  Soon.  I should write my obituary and include a BHAG in it.  Who knows?  Perhaps it will lead somewhere.  Because the art of doing nothing gives me nothing and that’s just a big nothingness.  (Does it even make sense?)

BHAG: Big Hairy Audacious Goal

1 comment:

  1. hehehe... i'll teach you the art of doing nothing :-)

    ReplyDelete