Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Perfection of Simple Pleasures

Today was one of those perfect days; the ones that you don’t get very often but when you do it makes you appreciate life and your existence.  It also leaves you wondering how come this doesn’t happen more often. 

The morning yoga was followed up with a nice day at work.  The best part was coming home early and spending it with my girls.  There’s indescribable happiness from simple acts like playing and watching TV together.  To hear their chats, laughter, and feel their warm hugs and kisses… the simple pleasures in life. 

I think these simple pleasures are underrated.  Most take it for granted, some are used to it, that it becomes just-a-day-at-the-office sort of thing.  These simple pleasures must be created and then savored.  I believe nothing in life just happen.  Our triumphs, our fuck ups, our loneliness, sadness or happiness are all the products of our actions. 

The moment I asked how come days like this doesn’t happen more often, I realized the answer was because I don’t create it.  I focus on deadlines, obligations, juggling taking care of this and that.  And yes, often times this and that are important, but so is my life.  I owe it to myself to pause, take a breather and every so often, savor the perfection of life’s simple pleasures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment