Sunday, March 27, 2011

The Dieting Dilemma


I always fail in dieting.  Not that I’ve done a lot of it, but the few times I’ve done it, I can only do it for a few days, 5 days tops.  I know I am a very determined person.  However, when it comes to dieting, the determination just faltered.

When I want something, be it a particular pair of shoes or winning a new account, I will put my all to it.  If I want it enough, I will have nothing but determination.  I spent close to an entire day going around Barcelona for a pair of United Nude fuschia Mono Jane.  Obsessed?  I can be at times J 

So I can only attribute my dieting failure to not wanting it enough.  I don’t want skinny bad enough.  I don’t want size 2 bad enough.  Don’t get me wrong; whenever I see a hot bodied girl, I picture it in my head that it could be me.  But then again, how important is that?  With all the things that go on around me, my work, my kids, my husband, my business, being skinny is so not up there…  honestly!  Another thing is, I am not body conscious.  I have long learned that looking good and sexy has nothing to do with being a size 2.  It is all about being a confident beautiful me.  I feel comfortable wearing my bikini when I was pregnant, a size 10 or a size 6.

Having said that, I really applaud other women who can really keep at it.  The ones who really work hard at it, I mean.  Not the ones who are just genetically well endowed (like a friend I have who eats like a horse, literally, and stay a size 0), they so don’t count… (envy…envy…envy…).  How do they do it?  How do they want skinny bad enough that they can just eat salad, exercise and drink water all day.   What’s their motivation?  Do they buy a killer dress 2 sizes too small?  I wonder, what should my motivation be?

1 comment:

  1. hmmm same here... can never do diet.
    in my case, motivation is not the issue... i think is our habit (ordering one portion for each person, food only nice if eaten with rice) and our mentality (have to finish our portion.) My good doctor told me if you want a successful diet you need to change your eating and life habits, never exclude anything because it'll only create cravings.
    so far i have tried to change my habits... i always share my food (my hubby and i only share one appetizer and one main course) that way i don't need to finish my portion but i don't waste food since he finish it up for me. I also don't deprive myself of anything (the same concept why european don't get drunk like americans... because they don't glorify alcohol) I eat what I crave but only for the taste - and then I share it.
    I might never get to that slim curvy size 25jeans but at least i know that i have a good eating habit and happy ;-)

    ReplyDelete