Thursday, March 31, 2011

I’m just your everyday Barbie doll

Obviously, this has nothing to do with big boobs, perfect curves, proportional measurements or long legs as I am far from those.  It is all about playing dress up.  A true Barbie fun, a true girly fun. J

Even though shoes are my first love, I can’t help falling in love with clothes once in a while.  I suppose that is one of the privileges of being a girl.  We get a plethora of style to choose from.  Plus there is never lack of designers or fashion magazine telling us what’s in fashion.   The newest trend and the in and hip thing of the season.

I think fashion is overrated though.  For me being stylish is far more important than being fashionable.  As Heidi Klum says, with fashion, you’re either in or your out.  It’s faddish.  Style is more enduring.  More eternal.  A person’s sense of Style is the true essence of who she is. 

I know a person who's always very concern about "what's in fashion."  For some reason, she always asks me.  "Is this style in?"  "I'm redecorating my place, what color is in?"  "i like this bag.  It's nice!  Is this in?"  You get the picture.  Oh my lord!!!!  Who cares about what's in?  Why do you want to be dictated by others anyway?  Who cares whether the bag is in or not.  if you like it and it compliments your style, buy it. 
 

After all, style is not about the fashion.  It is about your confidence.  You can be wearing the latest fashion from head to toe, but if the confidence is not there, you don’t look captivating.  On the other hand, there’s nothing more intriguing and sexy than a confident woman.  That is how a size 10 woman can look better than the size 2 woman.   Confidence is all about your attitude.  When a woman is confident, she loves herself and it shows.  Thus, no matter what she is wearing, she looks intriguing. 

So ladies, the next time you get dress, don’t think so much about what others may think or what’s in fashion.  Feel confident with yourself and your style.  Believe that you are beautiful (because you are).  Mix and match, experiment, have fun, be unique, be your own Barbie doll J

1 comment:

  1. I have always believed in my own sense of style, no matter what the latest fashion trends were, and I have to say I always felt unique and I was happy.I dress only to make me happy and not to show others.

    ReplyDelete