Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Fantastic Mr. Foxy


No, this is not something out of the Roald Dahl collection.  This is something from my private vault.  My Fantastic D.  My Foxy guy.  Like Mr Fox, he is also very smart, resourceful and works hard to feed his family.  Unlike Mr Fox though, he is not a crook and he is sexy!!!  He makes my world turns. 

I consider myself very lucky indeed to have a spouse that is not only a great provider but also a soul mate.  He gets me.  In my moments of doubts he will convince me.  When I am scared, he will encourage me.  You get the picture, right?  Once I was having a really tough week, 9 months pregnant, working 12 hours a day launching a campaign for a very demanding bank client.  So I did what I do best to alleviate my stress.  I buy shoes.  A pair a day…  Since I was 9 months pregnant, I just left those stilettos piling in my hallway.  At the end of the week, he just look at the pile, and said, “tough week huh?”  That’s the kind of guy he is. Very understanding to say the least.  Not judging, none of this why-did-you-spend-so-much-money-on-shoes crap. 

There are more incidences throughout our marriage that makes me love and appreciate him more.  Some are prompted by my friends.  As they complain about what their husbands let or don’t let them do, my appreciation towards him grew.  I never have to face a situation where I must ask for his permission.  Be it taking nude photos of me or redecorating the house, he trusts me enough to let me do the things I want to do.  At the same time though, I sometimes can’t help feeling sorry for my friends.  their life is completely dictated by their husbands.  It is as if they lost their independence and a part of their identity the moment they get married.  Why do guys do that?

I get that guys are about respect.  But why do they have to get it by taking something away from their wife.  Once a guy friend (who was recently married at that time and forbid his wife from working) asked me, “How come my wife said she feels she is losing her identity by not working?”  I was annoyed that he has to ask that…  I mean seriously???  Seriously!!!  How would you feel if all of a sudden your wife is the sole provider and you stay home.  Wouldn’t you feel emasculated, devaluated, and useless?  And you have to ask?   Seriously!!!!

On the other hand though, I secretly wonder why my friends let this happen to them.  If they do it with love, that’s cool.  But the fact that they are complaining about it, shows me that they’re not happy.  That’s not cool.  Our destiny is in our hands.  Nobody, not any guy should define it for us.  We owe it to ourselves, to set forth our terms.  Afterall, do we really want to loose our independence and identity?  

2 comments:

  1. ah i feel you mon. i had endless frustration with my friends on this topic ... but i came to a conclusion... women just love complaining. end of story.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with you, but not everyone is as lucky as you to get a Fantastic Mr.Foxy!

    ReplyDelete