Saturday, March 26, 2011

Childlike Delights

It is amazing how kids can influence you.  So far my kids have made me smarter, stronger, braver and more religious…  Well, perhaps a little bit religious is more like it, considering I don’t practice any.  Anyway…

Today my sweet Alex lured me to one of my favorite childhood activity: drawing.  I have forgotten the simple pleasure of it.  What makes it more special is that I was drawing with my old drawing equipment… yup… I still have them.  My old Caran d’Ache set.  I’ve always been very meticulous with my stuff to the point that I don’t let my daughters use them (like my 96 colors Crayola set and my Smurf collection among others).  However, sharing my drawing set and drawing with her was really fun.  I felt like a kid again… and I drew like one.  Princess complete with castle…  I guess having girls does that to you… pink and princess galore!!!

My point is, I think we need to revisit our childhood again and again, especially the things we like doing as a kid.  I mean my kids draw and color all the time.  Even though I was always there with them, I don’t participate.  I usually sit in the sideline giving encouragement.  For me, today was a fun time and education time as well.  I was able to teach Alex how to work the water soluble color pencil and wax oil crayon and mixing it with water color to create a drawing with many effects.  She taught me to have fun and be silly every now and then. 

Since this blog is part of my #Misi21 anyway, I think I should be more explorative with my daily actions and then blogging about them afterwards.  Why not right?  Thus I am now thinking what else did like doing as a child?  Besides kissing boys of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment